Seeking Youth Worker.
Employer: The Burdekin Association
Work Type/s: Contract
Classification/s: Care & Support Work, Housing & Homelessness, Family Services, Social Work, Youth
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Applications close: Sunday 1st September at 9:00pm. Please apply as soon as possible as shortlisting and interviews may take place as soon as applicants apply
- Offering Permanent Part-time Position and Casual Position
- Sleep Over, Weekend and Support Shifts Required
- Great Friendly Team
- SCHADS Industry Award + salary packaging
About The Burdekin Association
The Burdekin Association Inc. (www.burdekin.org.au) is a community based not for profit organisation. The primary aim of the organisation is to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown through providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people and families on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We currently have a vacancy for a full time Youth Worker in our Out of Home Care Program.
This position is responsible for the meaningfully engagement of young people aged 12-18 years old, with the aim of meeting the developmental, cultural and care needs of the young people by ensuring young person’s day to day care, actively participate in program activities, supporting the young person’s case plan and developing their personal skills.
Key Responsibilities of the Youth Worker will include:
- Ensuring a safe home for the young people
- Provide new and challenging opportunities for development
- Encourage and assist in learning competencies for independence
- Encourage and engage young people in educational and social activities
- Facilitate community access and integration
- Support appropriate cultural activities
- Ability to work with young people and their families in a respectful and caring way
- Ability to work independently and in a care team environment
- Demonstrated administration and computer skills
- Understanding of the issues affecting at risk young people
- Relevant qualification min. Certificate IV in Community Services, Youth Work or equivalent
- Knowledge of residential care + 12 months experience working with young people
- Knowledge of trauma and impact on behaviour
- Effective negotiation / mediation skills
- Knowledge of relevant Child Protection legislation
- Current unrestricted Class C NSW Drivers Licence. Minimum Green Provisional Driver’s Licence
- Comprehensively insured vehicle
- Must be able to complete 24hr shifts
- Experience in the Out of Home Care Sector
- Experience working with complex and challenging young people
How to apply
Please ensure you attach a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Send a cover letter and your resume to Burdekin.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the position, please refer to this Position Description.
Any enquiries can be directed to Sinead Coakley at Burdekin.email@example.com or you can phone 02 8976-1777 during office hours.
Please Note: The successful applicant will be subject to background checks including a National Criminal History Check and a verification of your Working with Children’s Check.
LIVE-IN FOSTER CARERS NEEDED
for 12-18yr olds
We need carers who can provide the safety, stability and care needed to make a positive difference to a young person’s life. You will live in our property on the Northern Beaches (rent-free) and receive 24/7 support and ongoing training, as well as an allowance while caring for one or two young people.
The application process includes attending training sessions and undergoing checks required by law to work with children.
For more information please call Zoe Mckinstry at The Burdekin Association on 02-8976 1777. You can download the advertisement here: Carer Ad