Ways you can get involved
A Challenge Event can be a short walk or run up to a marathon, triathlon, ocean swim and cycling races where you participate and raise funds for our cause.
For example you could participate in :
- The Sun Run (run) & Cole Classic (ocean swim) are typically held in February each year on the Northern Beaches and are a fantastic way to fundraise for your charity.
- The famous City2Surf is held on the second Sunday in August every year.
- Manly Splash is a new event as of 2018, funds raised go to Burdekin.
- The iconic community Pub2Pub Charity Fun Run and Festival organised by the Rotary Club of Brookvale raises much-needed funds for local and other needy charities and service organisations. The event is held on the last Sunday in August each year, for details please visit the Pub2Pub website.
- The Run Calendar Australia has lots of options for suggested fun runs and races throughout Australia and the year as does Oceanswim – so what are you waiting for?!
Whilst most events will have a preferred fundraising platforms for you or your team to use, if they don’t you could use a platform such as GoFundMe, Raisley or Facebook Fundraising. You can participate on your own, form a team or find out from us if we have an official team in the game to participate in these events.
By creating a fundraising page on either of these sites, your participation in the event is not only an experience for you but becomes a fundraising and awareness raising event for us and we really appreciate your efforts on our behalf.
The Burdekin Association encourages community events like golf days, marathons, luncheons and sales benefiting the Association. We are one of four charities to receive fundraising proceeds from the Melbourne Cup Luncheon organised by Peninsula Pals for example, an event entirely organised by an external party. We are also the sole benefactor of funds raised from the Seaforth Arts Centre, Manly Splash N Dash and HomeSweet2017.
If you would like to organise an event, we ask that interested individuals or organisations provide all the elements needed to complete the event promotion. Before you proceed with a special event or promotion to benefit us, please review this form which contains important information about the use of our name and logo for example. These rules only apply to event organisers who wish to use the name of Burdekin Association or its logo in promoting the event, and not to for example, companies organising internal employee teams or other informal fundraising events.
If you are interested in organising an event that supports The Burdekin Association, please contact Megan Davenport on (02) 8976 1777 or via e-mail at email@example.com
Thank you very much for your interest and support.
A personal campaign refers to an individual initiative which is not aligned with any organisation. It is your idea and you implement it. It can be as small or big as you like. It is mostly somebody who feels strongly about a particular cause. In our case it is supporting children and young people who are at risk of or who are homeless.
Personal campaigns can take many different forms. You could set a challenging personal goal and ask your friends and family to sponsor you in the event you reach your goal. It could be learning a new skill or shaving your head at a particular day if you reach a particular money goal. There are a few websites set up to assist with personal campaigns like My Cause you can check out.
- Car Wash
- Donations in Lieu of Gifts for Birthdays, weddings or other occasions
- Bowling Tournament
- Celebrity Auction
- Golf Tournament
- Hugging Booth
- Garage Sale
- Wine Tastings
- Blue Jeans Day
- Book Sale
- Baby Picture Contest
- Car Raffle
- Fashion Show or Lunch
- Flower Sale
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Pictures with Santa
- Refreshment Stand
- Silent Auction