Personal reasons for you to give this end of financial tax year:
- Reduce your taxable income
- Take charge of where your taxes go
- Make a HUGE difference to our young people
- Gain tax benefits without the administrative hassle
- Be rest assured the money is well spend!
Social reasons for you to give this end of financial tax year:
- Every child and young person should enjoy a safe and stable home, free from violence and neglect.
- Your generosity and kindness enables us to change the lives of young people.
- Your dollar goes further – we have expanded our care model to include young people who otherwise would be detained in custody.
- Our voluntary Out of Home Care program ensures young people are kept in the community where possible.
- Your donation goes towards ensuring that every young person has access to internet, computers, clothing, shoes, training needs, text books and other items that, without, the young people would face additional barriers to education and employment.
- Our neighbourhood and community are better off when everybody takes responsibility for children who become homeless and for the factors which contribute to youth homelessness.
Through our intensive therapeutic support, young people are given every opportunity to maximise their potential. The Burdekin Association has well established, strong links to the community making use of local knowledge and expertise to deliver trauma-informed care.
Trauma Informed Practice and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy are approaches that fundamentally guide Burdekin to acknowledge the strengths and capacity of each child, young person and family. Our understanding and responsiveness to trauma, is the foundation which facilitates working toward change through focused goals that create solutions. These principles are evident in Burdekin’s program streams across our continuum of care model.